Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thing #8 – RSS Feeds

Well, I set up a bloglines acct and subscribed to half a dozen RSS feeds and I’ve decided I don’t really care for the service. I’m sure it works well for a good number of people, but for me, it’s just another email account to check (I already have at least 10 so I really don’t need another one). I also tried setting it up in Outlook 2007 which has the option of doing it through their software, but again, it’s just another area for me to look. For me, the best idea so far is to have any feeds sent to my main email address which I always check at the beginning of each workday.

I also have a Favorites folder of regularly updated websites (blogs mostly) that I check when or if I have the time that day. If not, I catch them tomorrow. Or the day after that. But you get the idea. I think it comes down to personal preference.

No comments: