Wednesday, October 29, 2008

#5 Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31333486@N00/1977549318/


Well, it’s on to week 3 where we look at flickr. Now there’s a site I could spend hours surfing. Actually, there are a lot of sites I could spend hours surfing, but this one has pictures! I’m not usually an art sort of person (I just don’t understand why a square piece of fruit in psychedelic colors is art – I like my art to look like what it actually or realistically looks like not something I’d have to be unbelieveably high to understand. I’m not that great with symbolism either) but I am fond of looking through pictures so while I may not be able to appreciate their artistic value, I do know I like to browse pictures – especially demotivational posters and lolcats. With the picture above, I think I’ve covered at least 3 memes that I know of: a lolcat, demotivators and the phrase ‘you’re doing it wrong’. I’m not sure if I should be proud or disappointed with myself for knowing this stuff. Oh well, it’s still a good pic.

No comments: