Wednesday, February 4, 2009

thing #23 - the end

now i have The Doors song running through my head. (this is the end, my only friend, the end.)

i made it! i must say, these past few posts have been like pulling teeth, mainly because i got burned out with this program, two jobs and a class for my masters. i've had to do most of it on my time because i'm a circ desk worker and almost always busy and i'm interrupted frequently. i apologize if some of my later posts have been a bit brief and frankly, right now i'm just tired.

but it's done and that's the important thing. i have learned new things that i've used on the job and with the odd questions that seem to wait just for me to come to the desk, they've helped.

i'm now supposed to reflect on the program. i rather enjoyed it; we went through different areas that i've only heard of but had never really played with and this program gave me the chance to do so. my favorite exercise was probably the image generators and i'm not sure why. maybe because i like creating funny pictures (pictures with smartass remarks in them).

i'm not sure how this has affected my lifelong learning goals - i started out understanding library staff needed to know a great deal about computers and online resources (Web 2.0) to assist our patrons with questions they may have or to try and reach them in different ways. my outlook on this hasn't changed, i just know a bit more about these resources.

in all, i think this was a valuable program and would recommend it for anyone who works in a library.

No comments: